8 Indispensable Tips to Choose Art for your Home
Well-placed artwork has the power to transform a space, but selecting the correct piece can be a complicated and intimidating project.
To help demystify this process, we give you some pointers on choosing the right piece of art for a home.
1. Buy what you love. Art should never be a ‘maybe’ and should thrill you every single day.
2. Consider a contemporary piece for a traditional space and vice versa. It shakes it up and adds visual interest.
3. Don’t try to match your art to the room. Instead, contrast and complement the space with art so it works with the room and doesn’t get lost.
4. Do splurge on quality custom framing, museum glass and fabric mats. You’ll be glad you did, as it will elevate the art in all cases.
5. Mix high and low. Mix periods and styles. Pair AED 20,000 paintings with AED 20 street art. Add an architectural drawing from a vacation. This looks collected over time and tells a story. Your story. 6. When you place art in your home there is only one opinion that matters: yours. If it’s a shocking or edgy image, it will be remembered.” 7. If you see a piece and it’s not the right size or color, ALWAYS ask if the artist can make a custom piece. We do this for clients more than 50% of the time.
8. Be open to various mediums. Artists make beautiful works beyond oil paintings using wax, enamel, gold dust and even recycled materials and fabric.